Fraud Detection Service
Get notifications of suspicious activity to protect what’s yours.
Washington Trust Bank automatically enrolls your credit and debit cards with our Fraud Detection Service, for free! If we see something suspicious, we’ll text, call or email you… because losing money to fraud isn’t very awesome.
Here’s how it works:
- Add the WTB Fraud Detection Service number – 800.417.4592 – to your contacts for quick identification should you get a notification.
- Update your contact information – email, phone, address – with Washington Trust Bank anytime you make a change.
- If suspicious debit or credit card activity is detected, you will receive a text*, call or email alert from WTB Fraud Detection Service. The alert will never ask for your PIN or account number.
- Follow instructions in the alert to confirm or dispute the activity in question. If you receive a phone call, you may also speak to a fraud analyst.
- Monitor your account activity over the following days to ensure questionable activity has been resolved.
- Call Priority Service at 800.788.4578 if you have any questions.
*Washington Trust Bank customers will not be charged for any text message sent to U.S customers who have service through AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. Data rates may apply to customers with other service carriers.
Call Priority Service at 800.788.4578.
Call Priority Service at 800.788.4578 and follow the prompts to Card Services to block your card.
WTB Mobile: Suspend your card or report it lost or stolen from within the WTB Mobile app.
The latest scams and threats making the rounds surrounding COVID-19. Read More